Monday, January 4, 2010

TEMPEH RAGOUT WITH CORN AND TOMATOES


Before starting this recipe, I was not really sure what tempeh or ragout were. I quickly learned that tempeh is fermented soybeans in cake form (sounds great, right?), and that ragout (ragu) is a main-dish stew. I learned all this while cooking TEMPEH RAGOUT WITH CORN, ZUCCHINI, AND TOMATOES.


This warm dish starts with simmering diced potatoes in a tomato mixture that has been seasoned with garlic and red pepper flakes. Once the potatoes are tender, diced tempeh and zucchini are added to the pot to simmer. Once this mixture is tender, frozen corn and salt are stirred in, and cooked until warm.

This French-style vegetable stew was OUTSTANDING. I loved every bite of it, it was delicious, warm and filling. My first try to tempeh was great, and I can’t wait to make this recipe again!!

No comments:

Post a Comment