Thursday, October 15, 2009

First Recipe: Classic Pizza Dough



The first recipe I chose to make from the cookbook was not a very exciting one, but a convenient one. I have a tradition of making a homemade pizza every Thursday evening, and decided to try one of the pizza doughs in the cookbook for tonight's cheesy pie. The recipe is CLASSIC PIZZA DOUGH, and it is an easy recipe to follow.









First I assembled the ingredients, and then let the yeast soak in warm water. Then, I added the rest of the ingredients, and mixed them all together to form a dough. The dough is placed in a well oiled bowl, and is left to rise for about an hour. It should double in size.






After rising, the crust is ready to roll out and bake. After baking it for a few minutes, I topped it with sauce, jalapenos and cheese, and put it back into the oven until the cheese was ooey and gooey!

Since I am reviewing the crust recipe, and not the toppings, I will do my best to concentrate on only the crust! I was impressed with how the crust turned out- it was light, crispy, and flavorful. It was like a cracker-just a little fluffier. It is not a very filling crust, it is quite thin.

Now that I know that this recipe produces a thin, crispy, flavorful crust, I will be making it again. I think it will make a great crust for calzones!

Check back next week to see how the Black Bean Dip and Corn Chowder recipes turn out!

1 comment:

  1. Nice job with the pizza dough, and the photos. Will you be posting the recipe (or a link to it)? Looking forward to the next post!

    ReplyDelete