Monday, October 26, 2009

Penne with Garlicky (and oily) Butternut Squash

Last night I made PENNE WITH GARLICKY BUTTERNUT SQUASH. This easily prepared pasta dish highlights an autumn favorite, butternut squash. The recipe calls for peeling and dicing the squash, sauteing the squash in olive oil until golden and tender, then mixing the squash mixture with cooked penne pasta and topping with Parmesan cheese.

This dish was ok, nothing great, nothing bad. I did misread the recipe and tripled the amount of olive oil called for, so I think that has something to do with my overall satisfaction of the dish. Olive oil is good for you, but that much is just excessive! The recipe also calls for nutmeg, parsley, and sage, but the recipe never tells you what to do with them. I just added them to the squash during the last few minutes of cooking

I will not be making this recipe again, even without the extra 2/3 cup olive oil!!

1 comment:

  1. Glad olive is good for you since you indulged in a little extra. I'm sure you'll find more recipes for summer squash, you always do! Love the photography and food prep that you share with us.

    ReplyDelete