Sunday, November 15, 2009

Classic Fresh Salsa and Chocolate Glazed Almond Cookies

Last night, I made one of my favorite recipes that I have preciously made out of the cookbook-the roasted sweet potato and black bean quesdadillas. I made classic fresh salsa and chocolate glazed almond cookies to round out this meal.
The CLASSIC FRESH SALSA was an easy and beautiful dish. Ripe, fresh tomatoes, red onion, jalapenos, cilantro, garlic and lime juice are chopped and mixed together to create this festive dip.

The CHOCOLATE GLAZED ALMOND COOKIES were also easy. Butter, sugar, ground almonds, flour, egg, and almond extract are mixed together to form the dough. The dough is dipped in sliced almonds before being placed on a cookie sheet and baked until golden. After being removed from the oven, the cookies are glazed with melted chocolate chips.

Both of these recipes turned out very well! The salsa was very fresh and good, I can't wait to make it again next summer with ingredients from my garden. The cookies were good-very similar to pecan sandies, only with almonds. The chocolate glaze was perfect touch!

No comments:

Post a Comment