Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Grilled Jalapeno Cheese, Tomato, and Roasted Pepper Sandwiches

This is the recipe in the book that made me decide I had to have this cookbook! Not that I couldn't figure out how to make a spruced-up grilled cheese on my own, but I loved the idea of this sandwich (and most sandwiches in general-I love bready, cheesy food!).

To assemble these, you take a piece of sourdough bread, top it with 2 slices of Pepper Jack cheese, then top the cheese with slices of roasted red pepper and ripe tomato. 2 more slices of Pepper Jack are placed on top of that, and then another piece of sourdough tops it all.

After buttering the top slice of bread, you cook the sandwich in a medium-low heated pan until browned, and then flipping it over to cook the other side (which you butter while the other side is cooking). After 10 minutes, you have a warm, gooey, cheesy sandwich ready to eat!

This was delicious! Very easy to prepare, and tasty and satisfying to eat. I enjoyed it with chips, and it would also be great alongside a bowl of tomato rice soup. YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment