Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Classic Hummus, Garlic Pita Chips, and Greens, Potato, and Feta Cheese Pie

Tonight, I got a bit brave and decided to make 3 new recipes. Not only that.....2 of the recipes were things that I was very unsure about. I have had bad luck with making homemade hummus before, and most vegetable and cheese pie type dishes are usually not my thing at all.

Luckily, I my preconceptions of this evening's meal were wrong! The CLASSIC HUMMUS,a simple mixture of chickpeas, tahini, lemon juice, salt and water, was excellent. The GARLIC PITA CHIPS, simply pita bread cut into triangles and coated with garlic oil before baking, were a great tool to carry the hummus to my mouth!

The main dish, the GREENS, POTATO, AND FETA CHEESE PIE, was a warm pie with a bread crumb crust, and potato, spinach, and feta cheese filling. This was very good. Like I mentioned above, this type of dish I usually do not like. However, this was very good! It was tasty and light, and I enjoyed it very much!

2 comments:

  1. These all look like great dishes. I especially like the pie - feta cheese and greens are two of my favorites! What kind of greens did you use?
    By the way - you should become a fan of my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used spinach....yummy! It was very good, I am looking forward to lunch today.

    Can I become a fan of BIV on facebook?

    ReplyDelete