Thursday, December 24, 2009

Eggplant Parmesean


Love it or hate it, eggplant shows up often in Vegetarian cuisine. Last weekend, while I was snowed in the house, I made EGGPLANT PARMESAN for Mr. Sexy Veggie and myself.

To start, you peel and slice two eggplants. Then you dip the slices in mayonnaise, and coat with bread crumbs. The slices are then put into the oven to broil until they are a deep golden brown. Once that step is completed, the slices are layered in a casserole dish with tomato sauce, Parmesan cheese and mozzarella cheese. The casserole bakes for 30 minutes, and is ready to enjoy-preferably along side some lightly buttered pasta!

This was a very tasty dish, and filling. The eggplant was a little tough, which could be my fault for slicing it too thickly. It was a great dinner, and Mr. Sexy Veggie really enjoyed it too. However, the leftovers were not very good. I probably will not make this recipe again.

No comments:

Post a Comment