Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Mixed Greens with Dried Cranberries and Toasted Pecans with Balsamic Vinaigrette


Last year, I received an Aerogarden as a Christmas gift from my parents. These indoor gardens are very neat. The first set I grew was gourmet herbs, and I loved it. Now I have salad greens growing, and they are beautiful and wonderful! I used these greens while making MIXED GREENS WITH DRIED CRANBERRIES AND TOASTED PECANS with BALSAMIC VINAIGRETTE.

This is a very easy salad to prepare. First, the pecans are toasted in the oven until fragrant. Next you combine lettuce and chopped red onion in a salad bowl. Drizzle the leaves with the balsamic vinaigrette, and top with dried cranberries (mine were from the natural foods store, and they were wonderful) and the toasted pecans.

To make the Balsamic Vinaigrette, balsamic vinegar, mustard, garlic, salt, pepper, and olive oil are mixed together until blended.
This was easy, beautiful, and delicious. I loved the flavors of the vinaigrette combined with the pecans and dried cranberries. This is a dish that will be great for dinner parties. If you would like to come to a dinner party and enjoy this tasty salad, let me know!!

No comments:

Post a Comment