Thursday, December 24, 2009

Smoky Black Bean Enchiladas



In case you haven't figured it out already, I love Mexican food! Mr. Sexy Veggie really likes it too, so we eat lots of burritos, enchiladas, and quesadillas. So a couple of Saturdays ago, while Mr. Sexy Veggie was riding his bicycle on my indoor trainer, I made SMOKY BLACK BEAN ENCHILADAS for our dinner.

The spicy filling for these enchiladas was made by mixing diced chipotle pepper, onion, black beans and orange juice in a pan, and cooking them until soft. Once cooled, the filling is rolled inside corn tortillas, which are then placed into a baking dish. Topped with a sauce made from salsa, tomato sauce, and spices and covered with cheese, the enchiladas are put into the oven to bake for 30 minutes. I sprinkled cilantro on them one they came out of the oven.

The flavor of these enchiladas was very good, but the texture of the corn tortillas was not pleasing. I know I don't care for corn tortillas in these kind of recipes, and should have known to use flour ones instead. The filling was good, spicy and flavorful. But I had lots of leftovers that ended up getting thrown away-which I hate doing!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment