Thursday, December 3, 2009

Sweet Potato, White Bean, and Pepper Tian


For my veggie burger accompaniment this week, I chose SWEET POTATO, WHITE BEAN,


AND PEPPER TIAN. Unfortunately, I forgot to add the beans to the casserole, but I still enjoyed it. So this review is for a sweet potato and pepper tian.



Sweet potatoes shine in this recipe. The potatoes are peeled and diced, and mixed with diced red and green bell pepper, red onion, plum tomatoes, salt and pepper, and olive oil. This is all pressed into a casserole dish and baked for 45 minutes, and then is topped with fresh bread crumbs and baked for 15 more minutes.

This was a great casserole. It was fresh and flavorful, and beautiful. I will make this again soon, and will add the white beans to give it more substance!

No comments:

Post a Comment